What is Reiki?
Reiki is a gentle, yet powerful hands-on healing Japanese therapy that works to bring the body back into balance, positively affecting the body-mind-spirit as a whole by assisting healing on all levels.
Reiki energy was rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in early 20th century Japan and brought to the United States in the 1930′s. Universal Life Force Energy (Japanese translation of Rei-ki) flows within and around us, and nourishes the organs and cells of our body, supporting them in their vital functions. When the flow of this life force energy is disrupted, it causes diminished function and energetic blockages in the tissues of our physical body, leaving it vulnerable to illness or dis-ease. Reiki helps to remove the blockages, restore balance and promote healing on all levels – Body, Mind, Spirit.
Benefits of Reiki
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Assists in removing toxins from the body
- Improves emotional well-being
- Reduces heart rate and lowers blood pressure
- Decreases arthritic pain and increases mobility
- Reduces fatigue and insomnia
- Accelerates healing process following injury and surgical procedures
- Assists in the alcohol/addiction recovery
- Relieves side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- Help release fears and feelings of insecurity
- Restores balance to our energy centers (chakras)
- Offers energy to all organs, muscles, nerves, bones
- Heals on a cell level
- Enhances vitality
- Comforts and assists through grieving process
- Instills overall sense of inner peace and serenity
- Promotes positive thinking
- Our pets benefit from Reiki treatments too!